Heart Safe Schools
Is my school “Heart Safe” designated?
“Heart Safe” Designated Schools
Central City Elementary
Culloden Elementary School
Highlawn Elementary School
Milton Elementary School
Southside Elementary School
Village of Barboursville Elementary School
Lincoln High School
United High School
Brookhaven Elementary School
Cheat Lake Elementary
Clay-Battelle High School
Eastwood Elementary School
Monongalia County Technical Education Center
Morgantown High School
Mountaineer Middle School
Mountainview Elementary School
Mylan Park Elementary School
North Elementary School
Ridgedale Elementary School
Skyview Elementary School
South Middle School
Suncrest Middle School
Suncrest Elementary School
University High School
Westwood Middle School
Disclaimer: If you believe this information to be incorrect, please notify us.
Role of the School in Preventing SCD
- Schools are responsible for providing a safe platform for learning and sharing.
- The average school-aged child spends 28% of the day and 14% of his/her total annual hours in school.
- Schools have to prepare for medical emergencies
- 68% of school nurses had to manage a life-threatening emergency requiring EMS activation Pediatrics
- 35% of schools provided no CPR training nor could they identify staff members trained in CPR
- Developing a campus-wide medical emergency response process ensures efficient access to emergency equipment and resuscitation.